Jan 26, 2013

Shoe ad

Here is a proposed shoe ad. I chose to do mine on creepers. I thought I could come up with interesting imagery because of the name. Although this wasn't my first choice in terms of composition, I still liked how it came out.
I usually post my work after I've had a critique so I could have more to talk about, but I can't wait. And I already printed this out to be mounted. Basically the creepers are in a coffin shaped shoe box with roses and thorns, pretty simple. It took me a long time to ink all those roses though. But I'm really proud of this poster even though it doesn't feel like an ad to me. I don't even know why. I do think the illustration would catch the eye of someone when they're flipping through the pages of a magazine though.

Our next assignment is to do a performance poster. I plan on doing a gig poster for Toro Y Moi. I always wanted to do a gig poster so I'm excited. So far I'm really liking advertising, I just don't know if I'll get a lot of advertising work in the future. But it's definitely something I'm interested in.

No comments:

Post a Comment